Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Find your purpose and pursue your passions...

Well, it has been almost two years since my last post. What has come of those two years. I look at it quickly and say nothing. I got my AA, dated someone, broke-up with some, got a new job, and went to the Czech Republic and that is about it. That is just at a glance. You know, the materialistic apperance of what has come of my life over the last two years.

But what has really come of these last two years are HUGE lessons that our Almighty God has taught me. Just take a minute and think about some of the lessons He has taught you over these last couple of months and praise Him for that. Thanks Him for what He is doing in your life. In my life He has shown me how discontent I am with having a Beige Life style. That's what my college pastor Ron Merrell would call it. A life that is lukewarm. A life style where you just settle for less then what you deserve and what you were designed for. A boring life style. Now, here me when I say this. Some people were designed to work a 9-5 job and have 2.5 kids and live the American Dream. That is not me. I do not desire those things. Yes, eventually I want kids and I want to get married. But, I know that my life is going to be anything but Beige.

Almost a month ago a step off a plane in LAX with tears filling my eyes. I had just experienced the BEST 3 weeks of my life in the Czech Republic. This was like no other trip I had been on. My heart was captured, my eyes were opened, the flame had been re-sparked, and all I could think about was discontent I was with my life here is California. Those 3 weeks is Czech where the farthest thing from Beige. They were colorful vibrant. I was doing the things that God had not only designed me for but gave me a passion for. My passions consist of this( this is in no specific order):

*Camp Ministires
*Teaching
*Learning new cultures
*Loving people like Jesus does
*Students
*Ministry
* Being apart of the bigger picture

That's a lot I know. But these are things that God reminded me of. The past 4 years I had been living a Beige life. I don't want to live that anymore. But for now I am in a waiting period. I am trying to figure out what my purpose is. God has a something for me here and now in Santa Clarita, California. At my job Sunshine Day Camps. Here with my family. I'm in pursuit of that purpose and I am in pursuit of the passions listed above. I have a good God, you have a good God. A God who will never fail us and never leave us in the dark. Right now I am in the midst of a storm. It is raining and there is thunder and lighting and it a bit dark. But praise be to God that my favorite smell is the smell after the rain. It is going to be a sweet sweet smell!

><>

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted.
    and i love the name!!!! Thanks for sharing. keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete